flickr for business
Think of Flickr as a community, not just a photo sharing site -- a community with a very strong and active user base. According to Nielsen/NetRatings, Flickr is currently the fastest-growing photo sharing site on the web!
• Increase your chance of potential customers finding you through Google image searches
• Increase your web presence and increase the chance that your business will be found in more web searches
• The tags you use to label and describe your photos are opportunities to mention your business name and web site address
• Through your photos and some basic business information your business can take a more casual, information based approach to communicating with the general public, instead of an obvious advertising approach
• Use flickr to promote your company by using web site address as your flickr screen name, your screen name will be attached to every photo you upload
• Uploading high quality images of what your business does gives your customers a personal "behind the scenes" look at your business
• Forget the sales pitch and just let the photos sell your product or service
• flickr lets you join groups that are related to your business, making it even easier for your business to be found online
• flickr photo pages are crawled by Google, Yahoo, MSN, and Ask.com
• Every time you comment on other flickr photos your screen name will show with your comment, if your screen name is your business URL, that's free advertising
• If there are visual elements to the products and services your business offers, flickr offers a new opportunity for spreading the word about who you are and what you do
1. Get a Yahoo ID at www.yahoo.com
2. A flickr account is free. Use your Yahoo ID to sign up at www.flickr.com
3. Be smart: use your web site address as your Flickr screen name.
4.Once you've joined, adding photos to flickr is done through a simple upload system. Upload quality photos of your products/services, and things related to your business.
5. Look for flickr groups to join. Read the group's posting rules before you upload photos!
6. Posting a photo specifically for the purposes of advertising your company is against the rules of flickr So only post high quality, beautiful photos of your business and then link prominently from your web site to your Flickr photostream.
7. Get involved in the flickr community by commenting on photos you like!
Learn more about using flickr for your business: